Wednesday, July 10, 2013

28. Rainy Day Blues

In excellent mood this morning. There is nothing like a refreshing rain after days of sultry heat. See how the rain glistens on the roof.


Finally, finally felt like wearing a skirt (pant?) that I made in spring.


Essentially this is a wide skirt with small leg parts attached.


I paired it with a Mid Mod jewelry piece (reissued Sarpaneva if I remember correctly) and a crinkly tee (which shows badly in today's light).



How the skirt happened:
I love the clothing made by the very talented folks at Variete van Kroen, who come to Vienna at least once a year. However, buying one was not an option last year. Instead, I decided to make my own.

I searched high and low for a rayon denim which would give me the drape, but when this textured dark indigo woven cotton came my way I knew the pairing was perfect.


I had to make the pattern. Here is me trying to imagine the finished effect.


I made real pockets, and lined them with a fabric at hand - purple.


It is very very comfortable, and looks hot with a biker type jacket which I wore later when the rain really picked up. Sorry, no pictures!

linking with:
The Pleated Poppy
Coffeebeans and Bobbypins



1 comment:

  1. That is indeed a great design and so unique! Love that you are taking the challenge to make one. Lovely silver necklace, very graphic and striking form.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete