Saturday, June 22, 2013

24. In a Style Rut? Try Boyfriend-Girlfriend!

Spy Girl had a great idea and created a challenge that's sure to breathe some life into your (stale) wardrobe. This week's a kick off of 52-Pick-me-up. Go on, plunge into your closets and come up with nice new combos and then link your pictures!

The theme is a trusty boyfriend-girlfriend look with tomboy style as a variation.


I like my clothing feminine, but have a soft spot for masculine suit pants. This being summer, I combined grey slacks with a shapely white tee. So much for foundation. For neckwear I had two choices, an Austrian Trachten style mock tie for women, or a real manly tie.


I think I prefer the real thing!


To balance out I am wearing red sandals. If they look like 50's, that's because they are. Kind of. Re-Mix shoe company in Los Angeles makes new shoes into old lasts. Either they are replicating themselves from 60 years ago, or someone bought up an old factory - you guys over there would know.
They look terrific, feminine, vintage and walking with them is like walking on air. (It's scary how important this last thing is quickly becoming...)

details:
pants: DKNY (2009)
tee: Lindon (2010)
neckwear: silk tie, Austrian folklore tie, both thrifted (2013)
shoes: Re-Mix (2005)


linking with:
52 Pick-me-up
Sunday Styles
Visible Monday

7 comments:

  1. Yay! You are the fist linkup (aside from myself -- I don't count)! I appreciate your effort SO MUCH!!!
    Your Boyfriend look is awesome. The manly tie is WAY better (was wondering what the first item was, until you explained).
    I need to find out about this shoe company. Never heard of them, and they're here in my hood!
    Thanks again, you're a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Juli,
    ich habe eine Krawattenphobie, auch an Männern mag ich sie nicht :D
    Aber Dein Trachtenbinder gefällt mir. Mit dem T-Shirt zusammen getragen mag ich das. Tolle Bilder, ich mag Bilder mit Action!
    Klasse finde ich auch Deine Vintage-Schuhe. Schuhe, die schön und bequem sind, was für eine Seltenheit.
    LG Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look with a tie! I think Anne is brilliant with her 52-pick up list and you're picking it up just right : > Thanks for sharing with Vis Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red shoes are super stylish! Fun to try the different neck ties and beautiful fit on your pants.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprise! http://spygirl-amb.blogspot.com/2013/06/52-pick-me-up-juli-does.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute ... both ties lood sweet ... but half the fun is your little putting on the tie dance! Boys and girls together always works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the red shoes! Thanks for joining my Sunday Style Link Up...come join the fun again today!

    ReplyDelete